Today I am so excited to have my very first guest post! And boy, is it a treat.
Madeline Heising, the blogger behind the Collegiate Vegan, is sharing one of her wonderful recipes here on the blog today. Madeline has been sharing delicious and easy vegan recipes for better health on her blog, and just came out with her new eCookbook Five this last Wednesday.
It consists of over 50 plant-based vegan recipes that are five ingredients or less. Talk about crazy convenient! I have a copy and highly recommend it! Not all of the recipes are gluten-free, but they can easily be adapted with the simplest of swaps (gluten-free bread for the regular wheat kind, etc.).
The recipe she is sharing here today is from Five itself! It is her recipe for delicious vegan Avocado Alfredo. Give this one a try. It's a winner! Then scoot on over to her blog for some more delicious vegan recipes and more information on Five!
Avocado Alfredo Guest Post
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: gluten-free, vegan
This is easily my favorite recipe from FIVE, and my go-to meal whenever I’m cooking for anyone else. My roommates, my mom, my grandparents— everybody loves it. The avocado makes the sauce creamy, and the lemon, garlic and basil give it tons of flavor. It's an easy recipe to build on as well, so you can add extra veggies like tomatoes, asparagus or peas to it. - Madeline
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove (, minced)
- juice of half a lemon (, or one tablespoon lemon juice)
- Blend ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Makes two servings. Alternatively you can whip with a fork by hand, just shred the basil first.
- Toss with two servings of zucchini noodles or your favorite gluten-free pasta!
This recipe is very flexible, so feel free to adjust lemon, garlic and basil amounts based on personal preference.
Leave a Reply