Chipotle Sofritas Bowls are full of saucy chipotle tofu sofritas, chunky guacamole, fluffy rice, and fresh squeezed lime. An easy healthy, gluten free, and vegan meal!
For the Chipotle Sofritas:
- 2–4 chipotle in adobo peppers, more for a spicier flavor
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the guacamole:
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- Fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
For serving (optional):
- Pickled jalapeños
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
Cook the rice:
- If you would like to serve the sofritas over rice, begin cooking the rice now according to the package directions.
Make the Sofritas:
- Add all the ingredients except the tofu and avocado oil into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the avocado oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Crumble in the tofu and use a spatula to break it up into small chunks. Sautee, stirring occasionally, until the tofu starts to get brown around the edges, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the blended sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the tofu has absorbed the flavor, about 15 minutes. Cover and remove from the heat.
Make the Guacamole:
- Add the avocados into a bowl and use a fork to mash it up. Stir in the remaining guacamole ingredients and add lime juice and salt to taste.
Assemble the bowls:
- Add rice to the bowl, top with sofritas, guac, and any other desired toppings. Dive in and enjoy!