30 minute Chipotle Sofritas Bowls are full of saucy chipotle tofu sofritas, chunky guacamole, fluffy rice, and fresh squeezed lime. A healthy, gluten free, and vegan meal!
Coming at you with another 30 minute meal on this Monday morning!
And this burrito bowl is loaded with uber saucy, slightly spicy and smokey, vegan friendly, tofu sofritas, fluffy white rice, and creamy guacamole that is studded with fresh cilantro, scallions, and a juicy squeeze of lime.
If you've been to Chipotle, you'll probably recognize this recipe. This recipe is a copycat of their sofritas burrito bowl. After munching on many of their sofritas bowls, I decided to try my hand at making a version at home.
And me oh my, did they turn out as good as the chain version! All you need are a handful of ingredients, one pot, and 30 minutes before you are sitting down to this homemade bowl of saucy sofritas magic.
And these Chipotle Sofritas Bowls can be served in more ways than one:
- Have them in this burrito bowl, obviously
- Spoon them into warm tortillas (or romaine leaves!) and top with lime and guac
- Add them to your taco salad
- And eating them straight outta the pan is also encouraged
Chipotle Sofritas Bowls are full of saucy chipotle tofu sofritas, chunky guacamole, fluffy rice, and fresh squeezed lime. An easy healthy, gluten free, and vegan meal!
For the Chipotle Sofritas:
- 2-4 chipotle in adobo peppers, more for a spicier flavor
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mild salsa
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the guacamole:
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- Fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
- Salt to taste
For serving (optional):
- Pickled jalapeños
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
Cook the rice:
- If you would like to serve the sofritas over rice, begin cooking the rice now according to the package directions.
Make the Sofritas:
- Add all the ingredients except the tofu and avocado oil into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat the avocado oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Crumble in the tofu and use a spatula to break it up into small chunks. Sautee, stirring occasionally, until the tofu starts to get brown around the edges, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the blended sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the tofu has absorbed the flavor, about 15 minutes. Cover and remove from the heat.
Make the Guacamole:
- Add the avocados into a bowl and use a fork to mash it up. Stir in the remaining guacamole ingredients and add lime juice and salt to taste.
Assemble the bowls:
- Add rice to the bowl, top with sofritas, guac, and any other desired toppings. Dive in and enjoy!