This dessert is the perfect no-bake end to a summer meal! Ready in under 15 minutes.
- 1 pound strawberries (, greens removed and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon aged chocolate balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or more to taste
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut whipped cream ((see notes))
- 2 teaspoons cocoa nibs
- In a medium bowl combine strawberries, chocolate balsamic, maple syrup, and salt. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or until the strawberries have released their juices.
- Add the cocoa nibs to a small nonstick skillet. Toast the cocoa nibs over medium heat until they have become fragrant and have darkened in color. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Spoon the strawberries into serving dishes. Top with coconut cream and sprinkle with cocoa nibs and serve.
To keep this dessert raw, simply do not toast the cocoa nibs. Follow the rest of the recipe as written.
To make the coconut whipped cream, chill 1 can full-fat coconut milk in the fridge over night. This will allow the coconut cream and the coconut water to separate. We are after the coconut cream for this recipe. The next day remove the can from the fridge and turn it upside down. Using a can opener open the can of coconut cream. There will be a layer of coconut water which you will pour off. You can drink this, use it in your smoothie, or another recipe. Next, scoop out the coconut cream that has solidified in the bottom of the can into a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the coconut cream until it is light and fluffy. Flavor with some pure vanilla extract and add your favorite natural sweetener to taste. The coconut whipped cream will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!
If you can’t find chocolate balsamic vinegar for this recipe, you can mix 1 tablespoon high quality balsamic vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder for a similar result.