This 3 ingredient Drinkable Vegan Yogurt is a probiotic rich drink that is full of flavor! The sweet berries combined with the tangy coconut cashew yogurt is the perfect match. This simple method uses only a probiotic capsule and requires no fancy equipment.
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 high-quality probiotic capsules
- 1–2 cups defrosted berries (optional)
- Drain your soaked cashews and add them to a blender with the coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Open up the probiotic capsules and pour the contents into a glass bowl. Add in the yogurt and stir it together with a wooden, plastic, or silicone utensil. At this point, it is very important to not let metal touch the yogurt – it will kill the probiotics and prevent them from fermenting your yogurt.
- Transfer the mixture from the bowl to a glass jar and cover the top with some cheesecloth and secure it with a rubber band. Let the yogurt sit on the counter overnight, or until desired tanginess is achieved.
- The next morning, add your berries to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the berry puree into the jar and stir to combine, using a plastic, glass, silicone, or wooden spoon. Place a lid on the jar and transfer the mixture to the fridge. The yogurt will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. Drink as often as desired.
One strange, but really important note: once you stir in the probiotics, do not let any metal touch your Drinkable Vegan Yogurt. That means no metal spoons, forks, knives, straws, bowls, cups, or other metal utensils. Due to some science that is over my head, metal counteracts the probiotics in the yogurt, killing them and leaving your gut hungry for more. Those probiotics are major health boosters and can improve everything from digestion to skin health, so reach for plastic, glass, or wood here.
Keywords: gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free, paleo, raw, vegan