This Easy Homemade Socca Recipe is a tasty and delicious flatbread! It can be made in jut a few minutes and makes a great vegan and gluten free side for soups and salads!
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together the garbanzo bean flour and salt.
- Slowly pour in the water, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk in the oil. Set the batter aside to firm up for an hour, if you have time, or cook immediately.
- Once the batter has rested, turn the oven onto high broil. If your oven does not broil, preheat it to the highest setting. Using a 8 inch pan or cast iron skillet, pour in enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Use a paper towel to spread the olive oil around the pan and up the sides. Ladle in 1/8th of an inch of batter and top with some freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until the socca has set and is golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and remove from the pan. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Keywords: garbanzo, bean, flatbread, olive oil, French, Italian, easy, side, vegan, gluten free, healthy