Gluten free cinnamon rolls with a sweet and sticky filling, caramelized edges and soft gooey centers, topped with a tangy and sweet vegan cream cheese glaze. Made with whole grain pizza dough, honey, and coconut sugar. The perfect sweet breakfast or brunch roll!
For the dough:
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup room temperature Easy Vegan Butter (or store bought butter)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 1/2 cup Easy Vegan Cream Cheese (or store bought cream cheese)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Follow the directions for Gluten Free Pizza Dough, but add in an extra 2 tablespoons honey and stop after the dough has chilled in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grab a piece of parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto the parchment and pat the dough into a large rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick. If the dough sticks to your hands, give them a spray with nonstick oil. Place the dough into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- While the dough it in the freezer, add coconut sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and whisk them together. Use your fingers to “pinch” the butter into the cinnamon and sugar. You can also use a fork and mash it together until it is well combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Remove the dough from the freezer and evenly sprinkle on the filling mixture. Roll the dough into a log, peeling off the parchment as you go.
- Slice the log into cinnamon rolls that are about 2 inches tall. Place the cinnamon rolls into the muffin tin. Loosely cover them with plastic and let them rise for 45 minute to 1 hour. They should increase in size and look puffy.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they look golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, add the cream cheese to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix in the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Beat until everything is well incorporated. Pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls and serve.
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, pizza dough, cream cheese glaze, glazed,