This gluten free & vegan Falafel Pizza is a huge falafel crust topped with Mediterranean condiments! This healthy recipe is an inventive way to enjoy all your favorite falafel sandwich flavors.
For the Falafel Crust:
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup flaxseed + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- Cherry tomatoes (, halved)
- Pitted olives
- Sliced onion
- Chopped cucumber
- Fresh parsley (, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseeds and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Add the onion, cilantro, parsley, and garlic into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add in the remaining ingredients, including the flax mixture, and process until the batter comes together and everything is incorporated.
- Scoop half of the batter onto one end of the baking dish. Shape it into a circle and smooth out the top so that it is an even 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining batter on the other side of the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To each pizza, spread on a layer of hummus, then top with onions, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and parsley. Serve.