This Holiday Vegan Eggnog recipe is thick, creamy, and filled with holiday spice. It is perfect for sipping, adding to cocktails or coffee, and for dunking cookies.
- 1 cup raw cashews, (soaked in water overnight and drained)
- 1 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup softened coconut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth.
- Coconut butter is often solid at room temperature. Especially this time of year when it is freezing outside! To soften your coconut butter, you can place the unopened jar in a hot water bath until softened. Another method (my personal favorite and fastest method) is to preheat your oven to the lowest possible setting. Then remove the lid from your coconut butter, and place it in the oven until soft. But beware of microwaving your coconut butter, as it tends to burn when heated too quickly.
- Since this nog contains both coconut cream and coconut butter, it will harden in the fridge. To bring it back, heat the nog in a saucepan on low heat until just warmed through. Whisk to combine and serve.
- This nog would not be one bit worse for the addition of some rum, if you are so inclined.