This Holiday Vegan Eggnog recipe is lusciously creamy, and filled with holiday spice. A 5 minute blender recipe made with cashews, coconut, and a kiss of almond extract.
Hopping back on one last time before Christmas to share this Vegan Eggnog recipe with you!
Who here likes eggnog?
Who here thinks it is too thick, too sweet, too heavy, just too too too much (slowly raising my hand).
Even as a kid, I could never finish a glass of this thick-as-sin holiday treat. I always loved the first few sips. I looked forward to it every year. Excitedly, I would open a freshly chilled paper carton of eggnog, pour myself a talk glass and dive on in, errrr have a few sips, before leaving it to sit abandoned on the counter all night long, and inevitably, to face its sad fate of being washed down the drain.
But once I tried my first glass of Vegan Egg Nog, it didn’t feel as heavy. It was still flavorful, and thicker than milk, but less overwhelming all together. Since then, I have been experimenting with recipes, and have landed on this one!
This vegan eggnog is silky smooth, satisfying, and tastes like Christmas. It is made of the finest whole food ingredients, and sweetened up until it feels like a real treat.
If you are a thick thick eggnog lover, I have a trick for you. As a final step, add in 1/8th of a teaspoon of xanthan gum and blend. Your nog will thicken right up.
For all my thin egg nog peeps. Add in an extra splash of the good stuff, h20, and blend one more time.
A note on this nog: since it contains coconut cream, it will thicken up when stored in the fridge. I recommend heating it until just melted in the saucepan and whisking until smooth. It will come right back every time.
Wishing you all the best Vegan Eggnog and cookie filled Christmas!Print
This Holiday Vegan Eggnog recipe is thick, creamy, and filled with holiday spice. It is perfect for sipping, adding to cocktails or coffee, and for dunking cookies.
- 1 cup raw cashews, (soaked in water overnight and drained)
- 1 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup softened coconut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Add all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth.
- Since this nog contains both coconut cream and coconut butter, it will harden in the fridge. To bring it back, heat the nog in a saucepan on low heat until just warmed through. Whisk to combine and serve.
- This nog would not be one bit worse for the addition of some rum, if you are so inclined.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: coconut, dairy free, gluten free, maple, cinnamon, nutmeg, cashew, cream, holiday, Christmas, spiced, winter