If you’ve ever wondered what is the best way to cook jackfruit, this is your guide! This recipe is for jackfruit that is infused with flavor, tender and juicy, with perfect crisp edges. Aka, how to make jackfruit that tastes just like pulled pork!
- 2 (20)oz. cans Green Jackfruit in Brine
- 2 cups sauce of choice (if using a thicker sauce like barbeque or teriyaki, use one part sauce and one part liquid like water, beer, cider, or juice)
- Avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain the jackfruit and add it to a bowl. Use your hands to break the jackfruit into shreds that resemble pulled pork.
- Add the jackfruit and sauce to a large nonstick skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the jackfruit has absorbed all of the sauce and the pan is dry, but the jackfruit is still moist.
- Grab a baking sheet and drizzle on some avocado oil. Use a paper towel to spread out the avocado oil and evenly coat the baking sheet. Transfer the jackfruit to the baking sheet and spread it out into one even layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are crispy. Enjoy!