Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad is full of fresh spring flavor! This recipe is packed with fresh asparagus, spinach and basil! The vinaigrette uses both lemon juice and lemon zest for a one two punch of fresh lemon flavor. Plus, each serving has over 17 grams of protein! Vegan and gluten free!
- 1 lb. asparagus, hard stems removed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 8 ounces garbanzo bean pasta
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced tarragon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice bath, which you’ll need for cooking the asparagus, by filling a large bowl with cold water and ice.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Once the water is boiling add in the asparagus. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the asparagus is cooked, but still slightly crisp. Remove the asparagus and plunge them immediately into the ice bath. Let sit in the ice bath for 5 minutes then drain and pat dry.
- Add the pasta into the boiling water (I use the same water that I cooked the asparagus in) and cook according to package directions. Combine the asparagus, noodles, basil, spinach and dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately or cool down in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Fat: 21.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3g
- Fiber: 10.8g
- Protein: 17.1g
Keywords: easy, quick, spring, vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, healthy, spinach, basil,