Four ingredient Maple Sriracha Baked Tofu is full of sweet, sticky, and spicy flavor. Marinading the tofu and basting it with a concentrated glaze while it bakes ensures this recipe is loaded with flavor!
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos OR coconut aminos
- 1–3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch thick squares and submerge them in the marinade. Cover and let marinade overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the tofu on the baking tray, with a little space in between them so they aren’t touching. Reserve the marinade. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, take the reserved marinade and heat it in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by two thirds. The marinade will be thick and syrupy.
- Once the tofu has baked for 30 minutes, baste the top and sides of the tofu with the reduced sauce. Flip the tofu and baste the other side. Return the tofu to the oven and bake foe another 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting and flipping the tofu every thirty minutes. Serve.
Keywords: gluten-free, grain-free, oil-free, vegan, spicy, savory, sesame, soy, maple syrup, sweet,