This Easy Orange Sauce Recipe is packed with fresh orange flavor! It's sweet, sticky, subtly spicy and ready to jazz up dinner!
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- Zest from one orange
- 1-3 teaspoons sriracha, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Set aside. Give this slurry mixture another stir before adding to the sauce.
- Stir together the remaining sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is fragrant.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Return to a simmer while whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and enjoy.
Storage: store orange sauce in a lidded container or jar in the fridge for up to 7 days. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before using.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: orange juice, orange zest, ginger, garlic, sriracha, maple syrup, easy, one pot