Potato Tacos, or Tacos de Papa, have crisp seasoned potatoes tucked in soft tortillas, topped with a chipotle crema, avocado, and cilantro.
- 4 cups cubed yellow potatoes, or red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the crema:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, or conventional mayo
- 2–4 teaspoons liquid from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, start small if you’re sensitive to spice. Add more if you love it.
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave, or maple syrup or honey
- Pinch salt
- 8 tortillas – try making them at home! Delicious!
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional, but great for easy cleanup!).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in potatoes and boil until they are fork tender. Drain, and let the potatoes sit in the colander for a couple minutes. This allows the potatoes to steam themselves dry, which in turn, helps the spices adhere and form a nice crust.
- Stir together the crema ingredients while the potatoes simmer and whisk together the cumin, paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Spread the potatoes out on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and toss. Sprinkle on the seasoning blend. Toss again to coat well and spread the potatoes out into an even layer. Bake until golden with crispy edges, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, crema, avocado slices and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 397mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: tacos de papa, chipotle, crema, vegan, gluten free, smoky, paprika, garlic, avocado, easy, healthy,