Sweet Potato Hot Fudge Cake is the ultimate chocolate lover’s dessert! This easy cake makes it’s own hot fudge sauce as it bakes. This healthier recipe is gluten free, vegan, and oil free.
For the batter:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder OR cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the sprinkle:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder OR cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sprinkle ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oat flour 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the mashed sweet potato, almond milk, and vanilla and stir to combine. Spread this mixture out in your prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the sugar and cacao mixture in an even layer. Pour the coffee over the whole cake. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes out of the oven. Serve.
- You can substitute the coffee for decaf coffee or hot water.
Keywords: gluten-free, oil-free, vegan