This creamy dreamy light Truffle Alfredo Pasta with Mushrooms and Tomatoes tastes rich and satisfying while secretly being healthy! This gluten free and vegan recipe is loaded with nutrients thanks to a few simple and delicious swaps!
For the truffle alfredo sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
All the rest:
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 8 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 12 oz gluten free pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add all the truffle alfredo ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and heat over high. Once it simmers, add in the pasta and stir immediately to prevent sticking. Reduce to a simmer and cook until al dente, about 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the avocado oil in a skillet over high heat. Add in the mushroom and sauté until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add in the thyme and heat for another 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the sauce, drained pasta, and tomatoes. Toss to combine and serve.
Keywords: dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, cashew, cream, sauce, tomato, mushroom, healthy, Winter, Valentines, nutritional yeast, herb, thyme, lemon, garlic,