This creamy dreamy light Truffle Alfredo Pasta tastes rich and satisfying while secretly being healthy! This gluten free and vegan recipe is loaded with nutrients thanks to a few simple and delicious swaps!
Pssssst.... Pssssst.... Valentine's day is just around the corner! Which means on thing: chocolate. DUH! Isn't what this holiday is all about?
It also means sharing a meal with your sweetie, family, or friends. Sometimes that's a three course meal at the restaurant you've been dying to try. Other times that means a love-filled home cooked meal like this Truffle Alfredo Pasta.
Its creamy and rich. Its satisfying and fancy (heyyyy, truffle salt). It also is made healthier with a few swaps so you can leave the table without and Alfredo induced belly ache.
Truffle Alfredo Pasta is something I have been making for a while. It all started with a girls day with one of my best friends. We wanted something healthy for dinner, we also wanted something delicious. We had a spaghetti squash on hand (you can sub that in instead of noodles!) and I immediately started soaking some cashews for a cream sauce as I raided the cupboards in her kitchen.
Then I spotted it: truffle salt.
I hadn't actually cooked with this fancy pantsy ingredient before, and as someone who is forever wanting to experiment with new flavors, I grabbed that truffle salt with two hands and started adding it to the recipe.
It added a deep earthiness and that distinct flavor known only to truffles. I immediately understood why those little black shrooms are worth their weight in gold, literally.
After that day, this Truffle Alfredo Pasta became a staple in my dinner rotation. Sometimes I left out the mushrooms and added in broccoli. Other times I went without the vegetables all together and loaded on the sauce for a mac and cheese-seque meal. The one thing that always remained: the truffle salt.
It's really that good!
Truffle Alfredo Pasta
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
This creamy dreamy light Truffle Alfredo Pasta with Mushrooms and Tomatoes tastes rich and satisfying while secretly being healthy! This gluten free and vegan recipe is loaded with nutrients thanks to a few simple and delicious swaps!
For the truffle alfredo sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon truffle salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
All the rest:
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 8 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 12 oz gluten free pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Add all the truffle alfredo ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and heat over high. Once it simmers, add in the pasta and stir immediately to prevent sticking. Reduce to a simmer and cook until al dente, about 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the avocado oil in a skillet over high heat. Add in the mushroom and sauté until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add in the thyme and heat for another 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the sauce, drained pasta, and tomatoes. Toss to combine and serve.
Keywords: dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, cashew, cream, sauce, tomato, mushroom, healthy, Winter, Valentines, nutritional yeast, herb, thyme, lemon, garlic,
Leave a Reply