20 minute Umami Bomb Tofu is an explosion of savory flavor! It is a super savory combo of seared tofu tossed in a sauce with gluten free tamari, maple syrup, garlic and creamy dijon mustard. Perfect in rice bowls, salads, wraps, lettuce cups, and tacos!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add in the oil. Add in the tofu and cook until the tofu is golden brown on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the tofu is browning, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the sauce. Stir the tofu continually until the sauce thickens and glazes the tofu, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
Keywords: Asian, soy sauce, gluten free, vegan, healthy, dairy free, vegetarian, garlic, savory, easy, quick,