Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding is full of tropical fruit flavor! This cooked in coconut milk for a luscious dairy-free texture!
What are your memories of tapioca pudding like?
Mine are of a very sweet, vanilla forward pudding with hints of cinnamon. Delightfully creamy with those poppy little pearls. But overall, just SWEET and only sweet.
This Coconut Mango Tapioca is a lighter, healthier tropical flavor explosion. We cook the tapioca in ultra creamy coconut milk for a luscious velvety texture and sweeten it with just a dash of honey. Top it off with fresh mango for some acidity and a zest of lime.
Tropical tapioca pudding heaven.
This Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding...
- comes together with just 20 minutes of hands on time
- the perfect cold and creamy summer dessert
- can be made days in advance for easy entertaining
- needs just 6 ingredients!
- is both paleo & vegan (vegans use maple syrup)
How to make Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding:
This one does us right. Cook those adorable little tapioca pearls in some canned coconut milk. Add in some unsweetened coconut flakes for an even more interesting pudding texture and sweeten it with a dash of honey.
Pop the pudding in the fridge to set up. The most silky perfect coconuty pudding comes out and top it with fresh mango and a zest of lime plus a little more (or a lot more) honey.
All that's left to do is grab your spoon and dive on in!Print
Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding is full of tropical fruit flavor! This cooked in coconut milk for a luscious dairy-free texture with those poppy little tapioca pearls. Sweetened with honey and topped with fresh fruit and a zest of lime! Tropical dessert heaven.
- 2 cans coconut milk
- ¼ cup tapioca granules
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- Extra honey for drizzling on top
- Add the coconut milk to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until it simmers. Add in the tapioca and shredded coconut and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the honey and transfer it to the fridge to set up.
- Spoon the tapioca pudding into bowls, top with mango chunks, lime zest, and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
Keywords: honey, paleo, tropical, summer, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free,
Do you cook the tapioca pearls first or they will turn translucent in the coconut milk after 15 minutes?
Hi Lily, thanks for the question! I used the Let's Do Organic Brand of Tapioca Granules. If your tapioca pearls are larger in size, they could need a longer cooking time. Maybe check the box instructions for your tapioca? If it has a longer cooking time you can extend the cooking step. They shouldn't need to be cooked in another cooking liquid - just cook them longer in the coconut milk.