Creamy Mustard Twice Baked Potatoes infused with chives, dill, garlic, and mustard. A healthy 8 ingredient side recipe!
This post is sponsored by Colman’s Mustard. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Catching Seeds!
If you’ve never had a twice baked potato, boy are you in for a treat! Creamy Mustard Twice Baked Potatoes are ultimate comfort food!
Baked potatoes get scooped out then mashed with garlic, herbs, and a squeeze of mustard. Then this creamy dreamy mixture is spooned back into the potato skins and brushed with an infused butter for a perfectly crisp and golden brown crust.
The potatoes are both creamy and crispy, the filling is jam-packed with flavor, and this delicious side is surprisingly easy to pull together.
Have you ever tried spicy mustard? I personally grew up on the stuff as it was my mom’s favorite. Colman’s Mustard adds a punch of heat and flavor to recipes that just can’t be beat. It isn’t spicy like hot sauce, but more spicy like horseradish. The spice hits you and then quickly disappears. It is a one ingredient flavor bomb!
This recipe calls for an amount of spicy mustard that everyone will enjoy, not just those inclined to spicy food. I actually often double the amount of mustard in this recipe in order to get that punch of heat I crave. So, if you’re a spicy mustard veteran, feel free to amp up the amount in this recipe to suit your taste.
Before you run to the kitchen to get started on your Creamy Mustard Twice Baked Potatoes, there are two more very important things I just can’t wait to tell you!
First, Colman’s Mustard is putting on a 12 days of giveaways on their Instagram! Make sure to give them a follow, because it is going to be BIG!
Second, all of Coleman’s products are on iBotta. If you haven’t been iBottaing, now is the time. For each Coleman’s product that you purchase, you earn cold hard CASH! Creamy Mustard Twice Baked Potatoes on the table plus cash back, what could possibly be better?
Creamy Mustard Twice Baked Potatoes are the perfect healthy side recipe! Infused with chives, dill, garlic, and mustard.
- 7 medium russet potatoes
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter OR oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1 tablespoon Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Colman’s Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the potatoes in foil and line them up on a baking sheet. Bake until the potatoes are knife tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Large potatoes may take even longer.
- Once the potatoes are baked, let them cool enough so you can comfortably handle them. Once they are cooled, cut them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the insides of the potatoes, leaving about ¼ inch border around the edges and bottom.
- Place the scooped out potato into a bowl and add in the yogurt, ¼ cup of butter, garlic, chives, dill, prepared mustard, salt and pepper. Mash until the potatoes are smooth and everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins. For extra full twice baked potatoes, spoon the mixture back into just 6 of the potatoes (12 halves) not 8. Place the potatoes back onto the baking tray.
- Add the remaining butter into a bowl and microwave until melted, about 15 seconds. Stir in the mustard powder and brush the mixture on top of the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are warmed through and have a golden crust. Top with extra chives and serve.
For extra golden tops, broil the potatoes for 1-3 minutes at the end of cooking.
For gluten free potatoes, omit the prepared mustard and add in 1 ½ teaspoon of dried mustard to the mashed potato mixture.