This 30 minute recipe for Kale Caesar Salad with Tofu Bacon is a healthy dish with a savory caesar dressing, crunchy croutons, and smokey tofu bacon.
Remember that Best Ever Baked Tofu recipe from last week?
I hope you made a double batch, because we are adding it into this Kale Caesar Salad with Tofu Bacon for the ultimate salad experience.
This Caesar Salad is everything. It has a rich and creamy dressing, big crispy croutons, sweet and salty TOFU BACON, which gets all gets topped off with vegan parmesan cheese.
Though this Kale Caesar Salad with Tofu Bacon is vegan and gluten free, it has all the flavor of a good caesar. And I have had a lot of caesars in my time. College cafeterias are questionable, but caesar salad is always good. My record is a 6 month streak of a caesar a day. I single handily supported my college cafeteria salad station.
Now that I have graduated from those dreary cafeteria days, I still crave this classic salad, and with all the flavor-packed ingredients thrown into this one, I don’t miss the dairy or gluten one bit.
The salad dressing is made from raw sunflower seeds, which blend up into a dreamy creamy sauce. The secret ingredient to get that caesar flavor are capers. These salty, flavorful round bits make this dressing lick-off-the-spoon good.
Once you massage the salad dressing into the kale, it softens and becomes infused with flavor. Then a heavy topping of vegan parm is just the ticket to caesar salad perfection. This vegan version is made with raw cashews, brazil nuts, and nutritional yeaast. I keep a jar on hand at all times, because this stuff is so good.
And how can this be made any worse by a little tofu bacon?
This recipe for Caesar Salad with Tofu Bacon is packed with flavors. This vegan and gluten free dish has a savory caesar dressing, crunchy croutons, and sweet and smokey tofu bacon.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (, soaked in water overnight and drained)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (, peeled)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
For the vegan parmesan cheese:
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup brazil nuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe baked tofu
- Gluten Free croutons
- 2 heads of lacinato kale (, torn into bite sized pieces)
- Add all of the parmesan cheese ingredients into a food processor. Process until a course meal forms. Set aside.
- Next, add the dressing ingredients into the food processor, and process until smooth.
- Add the kale into a large bowl. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and massage the kale with your hands until it is softened and bright green. Add in some of the dressing to coat (you might have extra) and massage again. Serve with croutons, baked tofu and parmesan.