Roasted potatoes make me weak in the knees. Crispy browned skins, creamy and fluffy interiors. Need I say more? We have all fallen under the roasted potato spell, and if you haven’t, boy have I got a recipe for you.
And it couldn’t be simpler. Wash some potatoes, any variety you like. This time I used fingerlings, baby red potatoes, and purple potatoes. Chop the potatoes into half inch cubes and toss with olive oil, salt, and Herbes de Provence. Roast in a high oven and in about 30 minutes you will have a pan full of carb-y goodness. Irresistible.
This recipe gives you roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside with creamy and fluffy interiors. Herbes de Provence, the primary flavoring agent in this recipe, can be found at most supermarkets. It is usually a mix of savory, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, and lavender and it is one of my all time favorite herb blends.
- 4 cups chopped potatoes (, and variety)
- 4 cloves garlic (, roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grab a glass baking pan that is large enough to allow the potatoes to spread out in one even layer. I used a 9×9.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Arrange tossed potatoes onto your baking tray bake for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.