I did it.
I became the cliche food blogger who is posting pumpkin recipes right and left. But can you blame me?
Pumpkin is always a huge fall hit. I couldn't risk being left out. And then there is the conundrum of what to do with leftover pumpkin. Recipes rarely call for the whole can, and I can't bring myself to throw the rest away.
After this recipe, I barricaded myself in the kitchen until I came up with a good way to use the last of that pumpkin. This was my solution, and a pretty good one if you ask me.
This dish is the epitome of fall. It is laden with not only silky pumpkin chia pudding goodness, but is streaked with cinnamon and apple compote.
It is a breeze to whip up. Just stir the chia pudding ingredients together and cook up the apple compote. It can come together in under 15 minutes.
This chia pudding and compote parfait is like fall in a spoonful! I enjoy this recipe for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack.
- For the Chia Pudding:
- ¼ cup chia Seeds
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ⅓ cup Canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Apple Compote:1 large apple (, diced)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch cinnamon ((optional))
- Whist together all of the chia pudding ingredients and place in a container in the fridge to firm up. This will take about 4 hours.
- Once the chia pudding is ready, heat the coconut oil in a medium skillet. Add in the apple and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the maple syrup and cinnamon if using. Cook until the maple syrup is reduced, about 3 more minutes.
- Layer the pumpkin chia pudding and the apple compote. Serve.