Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos are a delicious 40-minute meal! Perfectly crisp gluten free tortillas are stuffed with a hearty and creamy vegan filling.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Catching Seeds!
What if you could have a perfectly golden, just-the-right-amount of crispy, tortilla wrapped around a sweet potato black bean filling that is held together by a luscious chipotle cream sauce on your table in under 40 minutes?
This is our time, people. Today is the day. 40-minute Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos are possible. And they are delicious.
The reason they are possible is all due to Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas, aka the gluten free tortillas I have been waiting my whole life for. They are truly soft and pliable, which makes rolling taquitos a breeze and really cuts down on cooking time.
Mission Gluten Free Tortillas also have the flavor we need here to make our taquitos come to life. Gone are the days of sacrificing flavor and texture in the name of being gluten free!
If you’ve been following Catching Seeds on Instagram, you may have seen the exciting news! Our sweet baby boy was born last month, and he is the light of our lives! Cheesy, line, but so so true! We are ecstatic to be parents to the best baby around. He is in the cute and cuddly newborn stage and our days revolve around cuddles, snuggles, and more cuddles.
Being a parent is just the best! But is also means that you have less time to do the things you used to love like shower, sleep, and eat anything that doesn’t come in energy bar form.
So, anything that isn’t quick and easy has been off the table. These taquitos, however, have been on the dinner table often! They are surprisingly easy, made with wholesome ingredients, and have been fueling these new parents through long nights!
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN CHIPOTLE TAQUITOS FROM SCRATCH ON A WEEKNIGHT:
- Get all your prep ready to go – chop the sweet potatoes, drain the beans, grab the rest of the ingredients from the pantry.
- Blend the creamy chipotle sauce while the sweet potatoes cook in the skillet. Weeknight bonus: the sauce works double duty both in the filling and as a dipping sauce for the finished taquitos.
- Assemble the taquitos while the filling is warm and get them right into the oven so they can crisp up in 10-15 minutes.
And I can absolutely vouch for the fact that these Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos reheat like a dream. So, if you are making a double batch for easy meals all week, or just reheating your dinner after an hour-long intermission to feed a cute baby boy, they turn out every bit as delicious and crispy after their second spin in the oven.
We are slowly establishing a routine as new parents, and a huge part of feeling our best has been finding ways to eat easy wholesome meals. And Mission Gluten Free Tortillas have been coming in clutch at more than just dinner time. They are so convenient for making everything from these taquitos to wraps and I feel good knowing they not only certified gluten free, but are trans-fat and cholesterol free, too.
IT’S HARD TO COUNT THE WAYS WE HAVE BEEN USING MISSION GLUTEN FREE TORTILLAS, BUT HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITES:
- These Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos, duh!
- Wraps with hummus and veggies
- Burritos with smashed avocado, black beans, and lots of hot sauce
- Breakfast tacos with tofu scramble and plenty of salsa
With that kind of versatility, it is a good thing these tortillas are available nationwide! There are several stores near me that carry Mission Gluten Free Tortillas and, depending on the store, they are either in the main tortilla section or a dedicated gluten free section.
And if you need any more recipe ideas, there is no shortage on Mission’s Website! You can bet your bottom dollar I will be adding some of the recipes to my weekly meal plan!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos are a delicious 40 minute meal! Perfectly crisp gluten free tortillas are stuffed with a hearty and creamy vegan filling.
For the taquitos:
- 12 Mission ® Gluten Free Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 (15) oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the chipotle cream sauce:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained (if you have a high speed blender, you can skip the soaking)
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (adjusted for your personal spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prep a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the kale, black beans, chili powder, and cumin and cook until warmed through.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, add all the chipotle cream sauce ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 ½ cups of the sauce to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- Take one tortilla and fill with a small line of the filling. Roll the tortilla up to form a long cylinder, like a commercial taquito. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Line the taquitos up snug and touching one another. Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking oil spray and bake them until crispy and golden, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with extra chipotle cream sauce for dipping.