Tiger Nut Cereal Squares – healthy homemade cereal squares that are truly easy to make! Perfectly sweet with an irresistible crunch.
Now, when you combine healthy, protein rich, breakfast cereal which tastes like honey gram crackers with a healthy plant milk… you get a healthy indulgent cereal breakfast. Healthy cereal?! Indulgent breakfast?! Yes. Just yes.
This tasty breakfast will send you through your morning full speed ahead without a sugar crash in sight. It is rich in protein, fiber, whole grains, and FLAVOR! This does not taste like your healthy grocery store cereal. It won’t break you teeth, it doesn’t taste like the cardboard box it came in, and there isn’t an ounce of bran in sight.
And can you buy cereal that is paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, healthy and most importantly tasty in the grocery store??? Not in my town! At least not for less than roughly $100 a box, which is always half full, of course.
How do you make homemade cereal?
Okay, now if you are intimidated by the homemade cereal thing. Hear me out. YOU CAN DO IT! It is crazy easy. Like, throw the ingredients in a bowl, mix, roll out, and bake easy. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get a batch of these Tiger Nut Cereal Squares into the oven and then its all hands-off from there.
When I say this is breakfast food, I might have been lying. Okay, confession time, I was totally lying. This is any-time-of-day slash every-time-of-day-food in my book. I have been known to dip my hand into these Tiger Nut Cereal Squares for a mid afternoon snack or pour myself a big bowl for dinner. Hi, I am a functioning adult. Promise.
But really, you guys, if being classified as a grown up means I can’t eat cereal whenever I please… then I don’t really want to be one. Like ever. Sign me up for that cereal and milk life!Print
SIX ingredient healthy and indulgent cereal that is paleo, gluten-free, and vegan!!!
- 2 cups tigernut flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet into the dry and stir to combine. You may have to knead the dough in order to fully incorporate the mixture. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut the dough into squares, with a pizza wheel or a knife.
- Transfer the dough and bottom piece of parchment together onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Shut off the oven, crack the door and leave the cereal squares in the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until the squares are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the cookie sheet. Break apart the squares and store in a zip top bag or lidded container.