This Vegan Antipasti Pizza with Gluten Free Socca Crust is an allergy-free pizza that everyone will enjoy. It is smothered in melty cheese and a host of flavorful toppings. To keep things gluten free, we use socca as our crust. You can find the socca recipe here.
- 1 recipe socca
For the cheese:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp hearts
For the sausage:
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 package tempeh, (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt
For the pizza sauce:
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey OR coconut sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Marinated artichokes
- Pitted olives
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, white miso, vinegar, salt, and water into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the cheese sauce into a bowl and stir in the hemp hearts. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the avocado oil over medium high heat. In a bowl, toss the crumbled tempeh with the spices. Once the oil is hot, add the tempeh into the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tempeh is browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the pizza sauce ingredients into a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until warmed through. Set aside.
- Take your cooked soccas and lay them on a sheet pan. Spread each one with sauce, then top with dollops of cheese and a sprinkle of sausage. Add on the artichokes, capers, and olives. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the pizza is warmed through and the cheese is golden brown. Top with basil and serve immediately.