This Vegan Antipasti Pizza with Gluten Free Socca Crust is an allergy-free pizza recipe that everyone will enjoy. It is smothered in melty cheese and a host of flavorful toppings.
Today we are taking the Easy Homemade Socca Recipe from last week and turning it into a Vegan Antipasti Pizza party.
I firmly believe that EVERYONE should be able to enjoy a good slice of pizza with gooey cheese, crispy-edged crust, and deeply flavored marinara sauce, but with food allergies, intolerances, and diet choices, this can become very difficult.
Enter this Vegan Antipasti Pizza masterpiece right here. Not only is this pizza allergy friendly, it is straight up healthy. Pass this girl another slice!
The base of a good pizza, is always the crust. It has to be sturdy enough to stand up to all our toppings. It has to get crispy around the edges, and in our case, it must be gluten free and allergy friendly. Socca is the clear choice here. It is a super easy 3 ingredient recipe that can be whipped up in 20 minutes and fits all of our pizza crust requirements.
Next, what is pizza even without cheese. Sad, sad, sad. That’s what it is. This cheese is dairy-free, whole food, and oil free. But most importantly, it tastes GREAT. I have made a lot of vegan cheese recipes, and can vouch for this one. I have used it in several freelance recipes, and it does not disappoint.
(If you need to make this recipe nut free, just replace the cashews for more hemp seeds. See, pizza for everyone.)
The third key component? The sauce. The rich red marinara sauce. It is a base flavor for the pizza, and a good quality sauce makes all the difference. Not too acidic, not too sweet – just right. This homemade sauce is made in less than 10 minutes and is full of flavor.
Now we have the base of our Vegan Antipasti Pizza party covered, we have to talk toppings.
With this base, you can take the pizza in any direction you would like. The world is your oyster! Rather, the world is your pizza.
With that being said, do your thing, OR follow my suggested toppings for a killer anitpasti pizza.
I wanted this Vegan Antipasti Pizza to be uber satisfying and “meaty”. So, I reached for some tempeh, crumbled it, and coated it with sausage seasonings. Once it is browned to perfection, we have the perfect vegan sausage that takes our pizza to the next level.
To compliment the rich sausage, we throw on some briny artichokes and capers. Then some fresh and sweet cherry tomatoes, and bright basil.
Pizza masterpiece, complete.Print
This Vegan Antipasti Pizza with Gluten Free Socca Crust is an allergy-free pizza that everyone will enjoy. It is smothered in melty cheese and a host of flavorful toppings. To keep things gluten free, we use socca as our crust. You can find the socca recipe here.
- 1 recipe socca
For the cheese:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons mellow white miso
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp hearts
For the sausage:
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 package tempeh, (crumbled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt
For the pizza sauce:
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey OR coconut sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Marinated artichokes
- Pitted olives
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the cashews, nutritional yeast, white miso, vinegar, salt, and water into a high speed blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the cheese sauce into a bowl and stir in the hemp hearts. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the avocado oil over medium high heat. In a bowl, toss the crumbled tempeh with the spices. Once the oil is hot, add the tempeh into the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tempeh is browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the pizza sauce ingredients into a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until warmed through. Set aside.
- Take your cooked soccas and lay them on a sheet pan. Spread each one with sauce, then top with dollops of cheese and a sprinkle of sausage. Add on the artichokes, capers, and olives. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the pizza is warmed through and the cheese is golden brown. Top with basil and serve immediately.