20 Minute Peanut Crusted Tofu with addicting crispy nutty edges and an effortless peanut sauce – Perfect on salads, in wraps, and with rice!
This post is sponsored by PBfit. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Catching Seeds!
Stop right there for one minute!
20 Minute Peanut Crusted Tofu is here to save your weeknight dinner situation. In 20 minutes you can be biting into juicy bits of tofu that are battered in a peanut butter powder, soy sauce, sriacha, garlic concoction and then rolled in crushed salted peanuts. Baked until golden brown, nutty, crispy, and IRRESISTIBLE.
If I had to pick just one thing about this recipe that was my favorite, I would be tempted to pick the extra crispy peanut crusted edges that the tofu gets while baking, the combo of salty and savory that is just so right, or how fast and easy this recipe is.
But the real real favorite: the peanut butter powder batter.
Have you even heard of such a perfect thing? Batter is usually just batter. It gets stuff to stick to other stuff. But this batter is something else entirely. It is the perfect change to pack even more flavor into this tofu. Instead of plain ol’ flour and water, we amp things up with peanut butter flour which has mega peanut butter flavor.
I have been a PBfit Peanut Butter Powder devotee for years. It is the perfect nutty compliment to smoothies (I use it like a protein powder!), oatmeal, and anywhere you want a boost of peanut butter flavor… so EVERYWHERE.
PBfit Peanut Butter Powder has fewer calories than peanut butter (1/3 of the calories to be exact!) and 87% less fat. It is made with just a few quality ingredients for that pure peanut flavor.
It is slightly sweet, perfectly nutty, and when mixed with a bit of water, it is the perfect silky texture to glide your apple slices through.
Can you tell I am obsessed with this stuff?!
Oh the ways you can enjoy this PBfit Peanut Crusted Tofu:
- Like you see here. Rice, crispy nutty tofu, a smidgen of spinach, and the leftover batter poured over the top as the perfect sauce.
- On a salad. I love it with mixed greens, cucumber, green onions, and avocado. Plus, the leftover batter as the world’s easiest (and tastiest) dressing.
- Straight off the pan like nuggets!
- Popped into a lettuce cup, topped with avocado, and smothered in sauce.
20 Minute Peanut Crusted Tofu with addicting crispy nutty edges and an effortless peanut sauce – Perfect on salads, in wraps, and with rice! Tofu gets coated in a peanut butter flour batter and then rolled in crushed peanuts before being baked to perfection!
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 3/4 cup PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1–2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Spray it with oil and set aside.
- Drain the tofu, pat it dry, and chop it into bite sized squares.
- Whisk together the peanut butter powder, water, sriracha, garlic powder, and salt until smooth. Place the chopped peanuts in a bowl.
- Take a piece of tofu, dip it into the batter and let the excess drip off. Place it in the peanuts and roll it around until it is coated then set on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pieces of tofu.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Serve with rice, on salad, or in a lettuce wrap using the extra batter as a sauce!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 519g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: crispy, vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, easy, fast, spicy, garlic,