Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins are full of gooey pockets of chocolate, crisp edges, and soft centers but are secretly healthy!
What if I told you that you could have warm out of the oven Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins that have the perfect soft texture, crisp edges, and gooey puddles of chocolate all in 45 minutes with one bowl?!
Well, friends, DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
And today they are in the form of these perfect, easy, and secretly healthy muffins.
There’s no denying my love for a good muffin. Costco knows it. This blog knows it. And now you know it.
And what isn’t to love?! Muffins taste like dessert but look like breakfast. They are the perfect portable snack. And hopefully, like these Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins, they have all that and are made with enough healthy ingredients to fuel your day.
Which is where things like gluten free flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, and cacao powder come in. They balance out the gooey pockets of melty chocolate chips with a one two punch of nutrition.
So grab your one bowl, stir your ingredients together, and get ready to fall in love with these Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins. You deserve it!Print
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins are full of gooey pockets of chocolate, crisp edges, and soft centers but are secretly healthy! Naturally sweetened, vegan, and made with gluten free flour!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana (from about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Grab a large bowl and mash the bananas. Add in the maple syrup, oil, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk well to combine. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in your muffin tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 109mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, dark chocolate, cacao, maple syrup, chocolate chips