This chilled soup tastes like summertime in a glass! Sweet cherry tomatoes are always perfectly ripe making this gazpacho “foolproof” no matter the season.
You are looking at one big bowl of summertime.
Where juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumber, and sweet bell pepper get tossed in the blender with buttery olive oil and a dash of garlic and our pours a soup that is so packed with FRESH flavor that you swear the veggies were just plucked right off the vine.
It’s cold. It’s creamy. So refreshing and hits you in the face with sweet summer flavors.
Time to get serious. Let’s chat about tomatoes for a minute.
A good tomato is one of the best bites around! They are sweet and savory and send streams of juice dripping down your chin .
But grocery store tomatoes are sad and watery and mealy and decidedly void of any real tomato flavor. And they do absolutely nothing for this soup.
But, one tomato that always seems to be ruby red and full of sweet flavor is the cherry tomato. And she is exactly what we need to make our foolproof gazpacho, foolproof.
And if you have veggies and a blender you have gazpacho! No cooking and no real cleaning required. Just toss your veggies in the blender and give it a good blend. Out pops foolproof gazpacho with just 10 minutes of hands on time.
This chilled soup tastes like summertime in a glass! Sweet cherry tomatoes are always perfectly ripe making this gazpacho “foolproof” no matter the season. This soup comes together in a flash, but needs time to chill out in the fridge and let the flavors come together. If you’re really in a pinch (or have an insatiable gazpacho craving) you can skip the chill and pour the soup over ice.
2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Add all of the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a lidded storage container and chill in the refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours or overnight. This will give the gazpacho time to cool and the flavors will mingle resulting in an even more delicious soup. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: healthy, 10 minute, quick, easy, soup, salad, vegetable, tomato, gluten free, grain free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, plant based