This Golden Beet Cauliflower Soup recipe is a fast and easy 3 step dinner that is full of flavor and veggies! Ready to eat in just 35 minutes.
I currently am refusing to look out the windows. I grab my lunch, plant myself in front of a spring painting, and gaze. I work with my desk turned away from the windows with a big vase of fresh flowers perched on top. I am wearing short sleeves and flip flops around the house.
And as much as I love this soup, I am hoping it is the last soup recipe of the season, cuz SPRING.
Around the globe, it may be summer where you live, or in the USA, it might be warming up, things are defrosting.
Here in the Northwest, we just had another 2 days of straight snow. And I love the snow, actually, just not in March. I am all antsy for spring. I find myself dreaming of flowers, crisp fresh produce, sunshine (what is that even?!), and lake days. Those glorious lake days.
Anyone feel me?
This Golden Beet Cauliflower Soup is a good go-between. You can still curl up with a big steaming bowl and warm up from the winter weather. But it still keeps things light and fresh thanks to the all-veggie base of the soup.
The hue of the soup is bright and sunny, cheering up these dreary grey days. Maybe I'll just gaze into this bowl of soup for a while. I can just feel the spring coming.
This Golden Beet Cauliflower Soup can also help us get over any lingering winter-season sickness.
The vegetables offer loads of micronutrients including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help boost our immune systems.
A fresh chunk of turmeric also gets thrown in (don't panic! you can also use dried) for its flavor and color, but it also helps reduce inflammation and get our bodies back to their pre-sick condition.
And if you're not sick? All of these nutrients will still do you a world of good! They will help to build up your bodies natural defenses and keep you from getting sick in the first place.
Here's to big bowls of sunny soup and spring!
This Golden Beet and Cauliflower Soup recipe is a fast and easy 3 step dinner that is full of flavor and veggies! Ready to eat in just 35 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil OR coconut oil
- ½ onion, (diced)
- 2 stalks celery, (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 3 golden beets, (peeled and chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower, (chopped)
- 1 inch knob of fresh turmeric, (grated OR 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and celery. Sauté until softened and translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning if needed and serve.