Cold Sesame Noodle Salad is a 20 minute meal that is packed with flavor! Crunchy cabbage and scallions are tossed with gluten free brown rice noodles and a light sesame vinaigrette!
There’s just something about noodle bowls!
Brown rice noodles are tossed in a sesame-lime dressing that is perfumed with garlic and ginger, is slightly sweet, perfectly zippy, and rich in umami. Cabbage is crunchy, scallions add freshness, and the result is a wholesome noodle bowl that is as satisfying as it is healthy.
What ingredients are in Cold Sesame Noodle Salad?
This simple and tasty recipe requires just a few ingredients!
- Noodles – we went for an Asian style brown rice noodle. White rice noodles, other brown rice noodles, or spaghetti will all work!
- Cabbage – for mega crunch! Plus loads of cruciferous veggie nutrients!
- Scallions – they impart a pleasantly mild onion flavor.
- Sesame oil – as the base of our dressing.
- A lime – we use the juice and zest for some acid and zing
- Maple syrup – or agave, honey, sugar etc. to add some sweetness to our dressing
- Liquid aminos – for some salty umami! You can use coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari too.
- Some garlic
- And a bit of fresh ginger!
How do you make Cold Sesame Noodle Salad?
These Sesame Cabbage Noodles are comforting and filling and ready in 15 minutes!
First up, Cook the brown rice noodles according to the package directions – which is about 5-7 minutes. Rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process and remove the starch.
Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Lastly, run your knife through some cabbage and scallions – 5 minutes tops. Add them to the bowl with the dressing. Yes, this is a one bowl kinda meal! Add in the noodles, toss everything together and enjoy!
The 15 minute result:
Deliciously nutty. Filling, but not overly so. Comforting. Crisp & Easy peasy.
A quick refresher of the reasons to love these Cold Sesame Noodle Salad with cabbage:
- Ready in 15 minutes and perfect for any night of the week!
- A 10 ingredient wonder with maximum flavor.
- Meal prep superstar – packs like a dream. Tasty straight outta the fridge or at room temperature.
- Gluten free, vegan and made with whole grains!
This dish is perfect when you want comfort food in a hurry! This comforting pasta dish is ready in under 30 minutes. Since this salad is served cold, leftovers are perfect to pack for lunch the next day. I usually pack it alongside some roasted broccoli or a green salad.
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lime juiced and zested (you’ll need 2 tablespoons lime juice which should come from one lime, but you may need 2)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup OR agave, honey, etc.
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos OR coconut aminos OR gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced into rounds
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water to cool the noodles completely. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, lime juice, coconut nectar, aminos, garlic, ginger, and zest.
- Add in the noodles, cabbage, and scallions. Toss and top with some sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: pasta, vegetable, Asian, soy, umami, cold, noodles, gluten free, vegan, brown rice, vegetarian, vegetable,