Sweet Potato Hummus is an easy five ingredient dip! Made with creamy garbanzo beans, nutty tahini, sweet potato and apple cider vinegar for a little zing!
This recipe now tops the list of my favorite dips!
It is earthy thanks to the garbanzos, nutty from the tahini, the sweet potato gives a pleasant but not overly sweet flavor, and the apple cider vinegar adds some zing. I like to add some smoked paprika to the mix. Just a touch to bring in some crave-able smokey flavor.
Reasons to love this Sweet potato hummus:
- It's a dreamy creamy snack made with just FIVE ingredients!
- And it's ready in 10 minutes.
- Plus it's packed with protein, healthy, fats and fiber!
- Uses only the food processor or blender. Not a single bowl to wash in sight.
- Not only does the sweet potato add great flavor, but it also helps the hummus to blend much easier. If this is your first time making hummus at home, this is the perfect place to start!
What ingredients are in sweet potato hummus?
- Garbanzo beans - the base of all hummus. They have a mild flavor and silky texture when blended.
- Sweet potato - adds a nice subtle sweetness that is dreamy in this hummus! I usually use leftover bakes sweet potato, but you can also cook one in the microwave in SIX minutes!
- Tahini - another hummus staple, this sesame seed paste adds richness and creaminess galore! Tahini can be bitter, so choose a high quality brand for the tastiest hummus!
- Olive oil - also boosts creaminess and adds richness.
- Apple cider vinegar - most hummus calls for lemon juice, but the flavor of ACV really compliments the sweet potato!
- Ice water - perhaps the most essential part of the recipe. Ice water creates the creamiest and smoothest hummus texture imaginable. Room temperature or warm water will actually thicken the hummus and make it gloopy, where ice water thins out the hummus and creates the perfect scoop-able and spreadable consistancy.
- Optional smoked paprika - adds a nice subtle smokiness that works great with the sweet potato! Highly recommended but not essential if you don't have it on hand.
- Salt - always salt.
How do you make hummus with sweet potato?
This recipe could not be easier! Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process. Scrape down the sides as necessary and keep processing until the hummus is an even smooth texture.
Can you make hummus in the blender?
Yes! If you have a high speed blender, this is a great way to make hummus! I use my trusty Vitamix and it turns out even creamier then in the food processor. Which is also a great choice for making hummus.
Up your dip game with this flavorful recipe! It requires just 5 ingredients, one step and uses only one piece of kitchen equipment.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend (or process) until the hummus is smooth. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Mediterranean, garbanzo beans, bean, chickpea, tahini, sesame, potato, easy, 10 minute, vegan, gluten free, olive oil,