One bowl Paleo Pumpkin Muffins have a soft crumb, crunchy coconut sugar topping, and are bursting with pumpkin spice. And these grain free muffins are naturally sweetened with honey.
Oh how I could sing the merits of these Simple Paleo Pumpkin Muffins all day long!
They are ridiculously soft and tender, have just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor (which is like, A LOT, but not too much at the same time), enough real-deal pumpkin puree to keep them moist, and are naturally sweetened with honey.
The tops are crunchy thanks to a sprinkling of coconut sugar before they head into the oven. A perfect compliment to the fluffy springy muffins.
Reasons to love these muffins:
- Paleo & gluten free with near PERFECT texture.
- They are made in one bowl (hello easy cleanup!)
- With just 7 ingredients.
- Are only 175 calories per muffin!
Ingredients in these muffins:
- Almond flour
- Eggs – I do not recommend substituting with flax eggs. You need real eggs here to create the right texturel
- Pumpkin puree – or squash puree
- Coconut oil – or vegan butter
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract – use the pure stuff for the best flavor!
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
- Coconut sugar – for topping the muffins before baking. Creates an irresistible crunch!
How to make paleo muffins:
- Preheat and prep – preheat the oven, prep a muffin tin with paper liners, gather and measure ingredients.
- Mix – Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and give it a good stir.
- Scoop and sprinkle – Using a 1/3 cup scoop, transfer the batter to the prepaired muffin tin. Top each muffin with coconut sugar.
- Bake – bake until the muffins have domes and the tops are firm to the touch. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
More paleo baking recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Macaroons
- Best Ever Healthy Cheesecake
- Healthy Peanut Brittle
- Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Grain Free Shortbread
One bowl Simple Paleo Pumpkin Muffins have a soft crumb, crunchy coconut sugar topping, and are bursting with pumpkin spice. And these grain free muffins are naturally sweetened with honey.
- 4 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep a muffin tin with liners.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop the batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched. Let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: pumpkin spice, spice, pie spice, honey, vanilla, coconut oil, healthy, breakfast, one bowl, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, grain free,