Toasted Coconut Latte full of rich coffee and coconut flavor, dairy free but still ultra creamy, naturally sweetened, and ready for your sipping pleasure in 5 minutes.
Oh, Toasted Coconut Latte how we love you.
Made with an easy homemade toasted coconut milk which is a lot like regular coconut milk with its creamy texture, tropical flavor, and dairy-free amazingness but also a bit nutty and toasty and deep. Which is blended with dates for natural sweetness that lend a welcomed caramel flavor. Then we add in rich espresso and are left with a drink that is pure summer magic!
Toasty, nutty, creamy, caramely magic!
How to make a Toasted Coconut Latte:
First, we have to whip up our toasted coconut milk. Yes, homemade milk. Yes, you can do it!
I opt for pre-toasted coconut flakes to save time, but you can also toast any ol’ flakes in the oven for the same effect.
Then take that coconut, cover it with water, and pop it into the fridge overnight. The coconut will soften and become blender ready while you sleep.
In the AM transfer your coconut to the blender and watch as a creamy dreamy milk appears before your eyes. Its luscious texture, toasty smell, and big coconut flavor…. its love at first sip.
Then pop in a shot or two of espresso (strong brewed coffee works too!) and sip away!
Even more latte love!
- How about with the fact that it is a 3 ingredient coffee treat.
- Is paleo, naturally sweetened, vegan, & dairy free all in one glass.
- Gives you a boost of natural energy.
- Can be made with fancy pants espresso or humble (but delicious!) strongly brewed coffee.
- Big on flavor for just 100 tiny nutrient-packed calories.
- And once you make your toasted coconut milk and store it in the fridge, it only takes 5 minutes to whip up each morning.
You do not want to mis s out on this one!
This Toasted Coconut Latte is full of rich coffee and coconut flavor! It’s dairy free but still ultra creamy, naturally sweetened with dates, and ready for your sipping pleasure in 5 minutes! This coffee is a healthy paleo energy boost!
For the toasted coconut milk:
- 2 cups toasted coconut flakes
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 3 cups water
- Pinch salt
For one latte:
- 1–2 shots of espresso OR 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
Make the toasted coconut milk:
- Add the coconut to a lidded container and cover with water. Pop it in the fridge overnight.
- Drain the coconut and add it to a high speed blender with the dates, 3 cups of water, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Strain the milk through a nut milk bag and store in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Make a latte:
- Add 1 cup of the toasted coconut milk to a glass with ice. Top with espresso or coffee and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: coconut milk, dairy free, paleo, naturally sweetened, date sweetened, caramel, coffee, espresso, healthy, vegan,