Make this easy Carrot Orange Lime Juice in your blender! Sweet carrot juice is paired with a touch tart lime and bright orange juice.
I have to admit, I am usually a smoothie girl, but when it comes to carrot juice, I am in! Especially when I can make it at home in my blender.
Reasons to love this recipe:
- Save money and time by making juice at home – without buying a juicer!
- Customize it to suit your tastes. I love adding in a nub of ginger or turmeric.
- Enjoy fresh juice without the mess – blenders are much easier to clean than juicers!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Carrot – the fresher the carrot, the sweeter the juice. I’ve found the best luck with loose organic carrots, not bagged.
- Orange – any type you’d like! I tend to use navel oranges, but blood oranges, cara cara oranges and other types of citrus like mandarins and tangerines all work.
- Lime – freshly squeezed only!
- Optional additions: sometimes I mix it up by adding in a 1-2 inch piece of ginger, half a golden beet, or an inch of fresh turmeric!
How to make juice in a blender:
Prep: Give the carrots a rough chop so they fit better in the blender. Peel your oranges and juice the lime.
Blend: Add everything to the blender along with 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides and stirring as needed. It will look thick and pulpy.
Strain & serve: Line a strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth and pour the juice through. Stir, pressing it down, to squeeze out the juice. Alternately, you can pick up the sides of the cheesecloth and squeeze the juice out. A nut-milk bag works great here too!
Prefer to use a juicer?
You can also use a juicer for this recipe. Omit the water and run all the produce through your juicer. Be sure to peel the oranges! Also feel free to peel, rather than juice, the lime. It’s easiest with a knife.
Juice is best consumed fresh! Enjoy immediately or within 24 hours. Store in the fridge.
Why we love juices with oranges!
Adding oranges to juices adds health benefits, natural sweetness and flavor!
Oranges also contain a lot of water, making blending our juice much easier.
And it’s much healthier to make your own, than purchase store-bought orange juice, which has been pasteurized and is void of nutrients.
What type of blender to use?
This common question has an easy answer – use the blender you have! Yes, some blenders will blend this quicker and easier than others, but give any blender enough time, and maybe a few stirs, and you can make this juice.
If you are in the market for a blender, I use my Vitamix and love it. It’s 8 years old and still going strong.
More refreshing drink recipes!
- Sparkling Immunity Juice
- Ginger Juice – no juicer required!
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks
- Homemade Spindrift
This Carrot Orange Lime Juice recipe can be made from home without a juicer! You can wizz up gourmet juice any day of the week.
- 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1–2 oranges, peeled
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup water
- Add all of the juice ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth. Pour the juice into the lined strainer. Gather up the sides of the cheesecloth to enclose all the juice and pulp inside, and twist the gathered tops together. Twist and squeeze to extract the juice. Serve the juice and discard the pulp.
If you would like to keep the pulp, you can stir it into baked goods, blend it into smoothies, and even find lots of fun juice pulp recipes online.
- Serving Size: ½ recipe
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: carrot, orange, lime, ginger, juice, blender, drink,