Easy Sundried Tomato Jam is BIG on flavor and little on time. Bright and sweet sundried tomatoes get blended with smooth and buttery olive oil for the spread of our dreams. Great on pasta, too!
This right here is a pot of gold.
Maybe not a real pot of gold, but it sure is a cooks gold. This little jar is bursting with the MOST flavorful tomato jam. It is bright and oh so very sweet with just the right amount of acid to make things interesting. Then it is buttery from good olive oil and a touch of honey is just the trick to mellow everything out and create perfectly balanced flavors.
How do you make this culinary gold, you ask?
Skip the fresh tomatoes. They are delicious, and make great jam, but we are upping our game here.
Sundried tomatoes have concentrated flavors and therefore our jam will have more flavor. Plus, they put the easy in Easy sundried tomato jam. Instead of cooking tomatoes down for hours and hours, all you need is a quick simmer.
They will get soft and juicy and plump and that’s when you know they are ready for a dance in the blender with some olive oil and honey. The paste is thick, creamy, and a true dream.
What can we do with this 12 minute easy peasy sauce? The real question is what can’t we do with this sauce?! It will supercharge your meals with instant flavor.
- Slathered onto sandwiches
- Spread onto crostini (or toast, when I’m lazy. Okay, you caught me, basically always toast.)
- Tossed with pasta (or spaghetti squash now that its Fall!)
- In place of pizza sauce and tomato paste
- Stirred into hummus
- Added to soups
- Dolloped onto salads for an effortless flavor boost
Easy Sundried Tomato Jam is BIG on flavor and little on time. Bright and sweet sundried tomatoes get blended with smooth and buttery olive oil for the spread of our dreams. Great on pasta, pizza, soups, and salads, too!
- 6 oz sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the tomatoes, water, and olive oil to a pot. Cover and simmer until the tomatoes are plump and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add this to the blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (1/16th recipe)
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 219mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: paste, sauce, easy, Italian, healthy, olive oil, honey, spread, gluten free, vegetarian, paleo, grain free,