I have a new favorite food, and it’s this Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli.
Yes, broccoli. These little green trees have stolen my heart.
What about ice cream, chocolate donuts, crunchy salt and vinegar potato chips, gooey chocolate hot fudge cake, pizza, pad thai, a double shot latte, and every good food that I love in the world?! Call me crazy, but this Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli beats them all.
There is one chief reason that I have eaten this Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli exactly 7 out of 7 days this week: garlic confit.
Garlic confit is a magical substance that takes this broccoli from being just another coniferous vegetable to the star of the dinner plate show. A whole head of garlic (you read that right!) gets sliced and added to a pot of cold olive oil. The mixture gets cooked on low heat until the garlic is soft and the oil is warm.
The garlic absorbs the oil and becomes a mild, soft, fatty flavor bomb. The oil is infused with garlic flavor which we drizzle over the broccoli before it goes into the oven. No garlic flavor left behind. Which is, essentially, my life motto.
Even after our Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli gets smothered in garlic flavor, we are still missing one crucial ingredient: the parm.
Once the broc is baked to crisp-edged perfection, we make it rain Parmesan. You can, of course, use real cheese! But I opted for a plant-based homemade nut parm. It’s cheesy, nutty, and the perfect slightly crunchy texture compliment to the broccoli.
If there is one tip I have for you, its layer that parm on thick. Oh, and make a double batch of this Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli. You’ll need it.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Broccoli is a simple 4 ingredient healthy recipe that goes with any meal. The garlic flavor is unreal.
- 2 large heads of broccoli (separated into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (or more depending on the size of your pan)
- 1 head garlic (cloves separated, peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the garlic cloves into the smallest pan you own and cover them with olive oil. Place the pan over low heat. Cook until the garlic has softened and the oil is warm. You don’t ever one the garlic to sizzle or the oil to get too hot. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spread the broccoli out onto a sheet tray and pour the oil over the top of the broccoli, making sure to get all of the garlic cloves onto the sheet pan too. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss the broccoli to coat. Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and starting to brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the parm. Serve.
- You can find my vegan parm recipe here. Or you can find plenty of great vegan parm recipes with a quick google search!